Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm Engaged!


Well, it's official. I've been "unofficially" engaged for a while, meaning I have a dress (that I'm still paying for...but I found one!), and we had a date, and my mom has madly been going along and planning for me. Thank goodness for veto power! But she's been super helpful, and I'm glad that she's so great at planning otherwise between Scott and I, I'm not sure anything would get done. :) No pictures of the actual event with this one, they're all on the Sackett's camera, but as soon as I can I'll get those up I will! We actually have a video, so that'll be fun to share. Although I probably look awful!

We'd had plans to go to Scott's families FHE for annual pumpkin carving, so I was all excited because I love the gutting of pumpkins. I think the really gross gooey stuff is awesome. So I called that job when we got there. As we're carving, aparantly he'd wrapped the ring in saran wrap and they'd cut out the bottom and put it in there. Of course, I'm me. I'm engrosesd in the gross gooey stuff and pull the ring out 2-3 times without even noticing it's there. So, Scott keeps putting it back in, which I amazingly also don't notice. Do I get points for being observant or what? Finally, when the pumpkin is all cleaned out, Scott puts it in so I actually notice, seeing wrapped round things are not normally found in pumpkins. I'm at least observant to things that are right in front of my face! I unwrapped it while Scott got down on one knee, while his dad was videotaping (I thought he was just taking picutres, but having it on tape is actually pretty fun), and asked if I would marry him. I think my reply was more of a "uh huh" than an actual "yes" but that still counts, right? So, it's official! I have a beautiful ring and I'm super super happy!

6 comments:

Robin said...

hhhooorrraaayy! Now I'm going to click back and read about it!

Robin said...

Oh, I'm teary eyed. That's adorable! That's super cute that he had to keep putting it back in the pumpkin for you to find and super adorable that his dad videoed the whole thing. How fun that the fam could be in on it. So excited for you and can't wait to see the ring in person. Welcome to the family, Scott! You're awesome!

Shelly said...

Oh! There's a reason you're my favorite Sister in Law! I love you Robin!!!

Superjulie said...

Yeah for my clueless sister. See, you're not the oldest one to marry--nothing to worry about.

Laurie said...

Speaking of being the oldest one to get married... I'm pretty sure that I have that one in the bag. ;)

Oh, Shell! Thanks for posting! (You know I check your blog about every other day. It was AWESOME to be able to read this first thing this morning.) I'm super happy for you. I love the story (you crack me up!), and I love the ring! Congratulations!!! Yay, Shelly!!!

Shelly said...

Well I'm going to try to update more often, so hopefully I can keep having great stories. Aren't I so dumb?! I can't believe I didn't even notice, but yeah. :) Super happy!